Wednesday, June 28, 2006

warm stone massages followed by bellinis and silly laughter equals one good day

For Christmas Alex gave me a gift certificate to a local day spa. (THANKS ALEX!!!) And now, in June, I've finally just had the opportunity to use it. I went in today for a warm stone massage and it was super! It was so cool and the stones felt so good. After a few minutes you forget the stones are there...like the ones between my toes...and they just feel nice and warm and toasty. I haven't been that relaxed in ages. It was so calming and when I left I felt like I was going to melt. All I wanted to do was get myself a cold drink and lounge on the deck for the rest of the afternoon.

But that was not meant to be. Because, as often is the case, I had a Guide meeting...this one was a fun one - our wrap up for the summer at the Macaroni Grill. And it was great. I did get my cold drink...who can refuse a bellini on a warm summer evening? Mmmm...it was so much fun...we made a ton of noise, laughed ourselves silly and ended the evening by leaving silly crayon notes to the waiters on the table cloths (yes, you're allowed to do that, they cover the table with paper and GIVE you crayons).

1 comment:

  1. who wouldn't love a place that actually encouraged you to draw with crayons!!! yippee! sounds like you had a great night!

    I totally want to try the warm stone massage....hmmmm...nice

    ReplyDelete