Tuesday, June 20, 2006

sorry state of my refrigerator...

Look at how pathetically empty my fridge was this morning.

fridge in the morning

A lot of beer...


more fridge in the morning

A few condiments, but no breakfast.

I went shopping this afternoon...and I got veggies at the veggie store and lots of food at the big grocery store and now we have three kinds of cereal so that means...BREAKFAST!!!

I also discovered that the produce store is CHEAPER by far than the big grocery store...okay, so I didn't really "discover" it cause I've known about it since I was a student, but I did actually do the price calculations and what I got at Tim's place cost me $20.46. I checked the prices at the big grocery store...and the same food, same quality, in some cases smaller quantity, would have cost me $50.43!!!!!! Oh my oh my oh my...that right there is incentive to walk the extra half a block when I'm feeling lazy and get my produce at the produce store!

mmm...veggies

All this for $20ish from the produce man...my wallet is $30 happier for SURE!

Now that I have some food, my fridge is happier

happy non-pathetic fridge

and the beer and condiments are less prominent.

more happy non-pathetic fridge

3 comments:

  1. you're hilarious...you should see my fridge..sorry sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay little produce stores!!! :)
    Boo big grocery stores :(

    ps. I saw Yin on Sunday.

    pps. I impaled my ass cheek on a stubby branch yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...honeydew

    That would be a reference to Shan's groceries, not Fifers' ass cheek.

    ReplyDelete