Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Middlesex and breaking in the deck

Yesterday was book club night for me. The woman who was supposed to host it was unable to at the last minute. After a number of emails back and forth, we decided against rescheduling it...again...and moved it to my house.

Alex and I had already spent an evening on the deck...it's so comfortable and pretty and with the new lights we bought for it, we didn't realize what time it was. I had great plans for going to bed early on Sunday night and then we realized it was 11:30 and we were still hanging out on the deck...yeah, no going to bed early.

So last night four of the book club ladies showed up at my house and we sat on the cool (although quite windy) deck and discussed Middlesex. And I just realized we never talked about the title or its significance or its multiple meanings...hmmm.... But we did discuss Chapter Eleven's name and Tessie's monitoring of her children's bowels at great length. It was too hot to knit and talk, but it's been too hot to knit for quite some time. Thank goodness those babies aren't coming until October/November!

The deck will be quite perfect...when I finally figure out how to transport the pretty patio set to our house. Why don't they make things like that to fit in cars??? WHY???? Oh well, what we have out there is working quite well right now, so we'll make do with it for a few more days.

3 comments:

  1. Shoot, I was going to crash it, but I forgot to! I was getting things ready for Wed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw...too bad...it would have been fun to have a bookclub crasher!!!

    have a great time tomorrow night...I wish I could come...NEXT TIME...NEXT TIME...hahaha...I sound like you and the bookclub ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah heddy, alex saw your uncle this weekend - did you get to see him or was he just way too busy?

    ReplyDelete