Saturday, June 24, 2006

prettying up the deck

Heddy had a great idea for a deck beautifying party, but by the time I saw her idea, the plants had been bought and planted!

Chandra arrived around 11:00 this morning and took me down to Southlands to two nurseries where we picked out a large number of plants. We met four very friendly, very nice dogs at the first place we went to. There was one I definitely wanted to bring home. She was a pretty Golden Lab who was so nice and friendly and my kind of dog!

We bought soil and came home to happily plant what we had purchased. I tried in vain to fly (NOT SO VERY) gracefully, just for a bit of excitement...I have the battle wounds to prove it. I still have a few pots to fill with pretty flowers of some type, but the planters were all well tended to this afternoon.


look all the pretty plants!

plants everywhere

plant us, plant us!

We made a bit of a mess...yes, those are beer bottles, what's better than a cold beer on a hot afternoon!?!?! I know it looks like not a lot has changed, but there is a planter full of herbs and two full of pretty flowers back there at the end of the deck...and the ivy growing out of the deck is GONE too!

what a mess!

But when we were done, we had a pretty looking deck. My landlady came down this morning and told us there was a table in the shed we could borrow for the deck and I have a funky table cloth that my Mom gave me a few years ago that looks just superb on the table, so it's all good. And yes, I am wearing a Girl Guide hat. It was hot and sunny and that was the only hat I could find...and I don't have sunstroke now!

aren't we pretty?

chandra relaxing

I have a pretty deck now!

And now, when you look up from down below, we have pretty flowers just like Kathy!!! I can't wait to get our furniture, it will look so super and be such a great summer space!

blue house from the back

Oh, what a great day. Thanks for the early birthday present Chandra!

2 comments:

  1. ...and for the rest of the adventure, go here:

    http://whats-her-lips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good guys!!!

    ReplyDelete