Friday, June 23, 2006

my world traveller parents

My Mom and Dad are off somewhere in Scandinavia right now...yeah, I'm just a bit envious, but really, I shouldn't be.

They started travelling a lot about five years ago...strangely, that seemed to coincide with a time when their children became more self-sufficient...hmm...The first trip they took was to visit me in London, our French "sister" and her family in Paris and my aunt, uncle and cousins in Geneva. It was a very cool trip...but that's another story all on its own!

Now they always seems to either be travelling or planning their next trip. Last November they went on an amazing trip to Cuba for my cousin's wedding and then they did some travelling around with two other couples...next February they're going to Belize. My parents get around.

My parents (and now you know where I get it from) sends endless postcards when they're away. I love getting them...postcards are great - they have pretty pictures, they have a little note on the back and they make a good collection...see number 32...

The postcards this time have been interesting...from Frankfurt airport came a World Cup card (on the back there's a picture of the Olympiastadion Berlin where the final will be held).

germany

And from Copenhagen came this one with a note from Mom: Don't know anything about this postcard - it was a freebie. Will send a real one from Sweden. By real, I assume she means a postcard with a picture of Sweden on it, because the one with the revolver and weird Muppet like creature definitely felt *real* in my hands...

denmark post card

It came with the following inscription, maybe my Danish sister, raceface, can translate. By the way raceface and punk, did you get the same strange freebie, or did you get a different strange freebie?

Bliv skudt i Malmø

Malmø er et sandt juleparadis kun 35 minutter fra Københaven. Tag ؘresundstoget og ankom i centrum af en by med hyggelige gågader, stemingsfyldte torve, butikker og cafeer. Toget kører 3 gange i timen hele natten mellem Københaven og Malmø. To voksne og tre born under 16 år rejser from og tilbage med toget for kun 280 kr. på en Familiebillet. Hør mere på 70 13 14 15 eller dsb.dk

Okay....so...limited Danish (I know how to say hello and thanks...) but my guess is this...I don't know why the picture is a revolver...or what the muppet-like creature is doing, but I do know that dsb (address at the end of Danish blurb) is the railway. Malmø is in Sweden and I'd say it's 35 minutes from Copenhagen and maybe if you have three kids under 16 you can travel on a family pass for 280 kroner?

It's all yours miss raceface...who is the scary muppet???

2 comments:

  1. hey! i got the same postcard! the crazy muppet one, that is. i've only gotten one so far :(

    i'm tired! and there's 1/2 hour left in the work day! and then it's drinking time!...i mean, the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay resident Danish translator...we're waiting!!!

    Mine both just came...on the same day and one was a bit chewed up, so maybe your other one will be waiting for you when you get home for the weekend.

    Whatcha gonna drink?

    ReplyDelete