Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Deliciousness, Part Two

36.31 Try 50 new recipes

After our little dinner party, I had an entire loaf of leftover french bread that didn't graduate to garlic bread, so I decided that in the name of not wasting anything, we needed to have french toast the morning after we had our cousins over...

Except J got up first on Sunday morning and DEMANDED porridge. Who can argue with that?

But that meant I had a very stale loaf of bread on Sunday. And then I remembered that lovely, divine, scrumptiousness known as baked french toast. And since Pioneer Woman treated us so well the night before, I went straight there to see what I could find.

And I found Cinnamon Baked French Toast. And immediately started salivating.

I made it on Sunday night and got up before my alarm to dump it in the oven on Monday morning (you can see it soaking up the goodness in the second last picture here, middle shelf, right side.

Anyway, I put it in the oven, went right back to sleep, and when my alarm went off for real, our house was filled with the heavenly smell of cinnamon goodness.

baked french toast
See? Cinnamon goodness. I'd totally dress this up with some apples, cranberries and pecans, but it was divine just like that. J wasn't sure about it. She kept asking if the squishy bits were mashed potato or egg. She doesn't like crunchy stuff, so she gave me all her edge bits. She did make an exception to the crunchy rule and devoured as much of the struesel topping as she could.

I only made two small changes to this recipe - I didn't use the cream and it was fine. I also added more flour to the struesel topping because it wasn't dry enough...

So good. Will be making this again. For me and Alex. J told me when we got home on Monday afternoon that she didn't like "that porridge we had this morning" and could I please just "make the other kind of yummy porridge" from now on.

Fine.

Party pooper...

So good. So easy. Make it.

YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment