Friday, April 01, 2011

Week 13: Purge Magazine Backlogs

Yay! Something that's not too scary for me...I don't have to address my pack rat tendencies or make a decision about something (that may not be) sentimental. Magazines are pretty easy for me to keep under control!

Photobucket



Week thirteen questions:

1. How far back does your magazine backlog go?

A year. That's it. We only get Macleans and Real Simple.

2. Will you be able to part with some of them? What is the hardest part of doing this for you?
Macleans goes as soon as we’re done with it. I’m trying to get rid of them weekly, but often we get rid of two or three at a time. I figure if we haven’t read them before the next issue comes, we’re not interested.

As for Real Simple, I keep them for a year. So I have 12 issues hanging around. In theory when the new issue comes, I toss the old one…but I go through it first. The reason I tend to keep them for a year is that I actually do use them and after a year I just pull out anything useful. I go to their website if I need something I’ve accidentally tossed and so far I’ve found everything I was looking for. My exception is the Christmas issues – I don’t keep them all, but the one from 2008 had so many things I’ve used that I just kept it – it’s easier to have it all in one place. It’s put away with the Christmas stuff though and it only comes out at Christmas.

I do have random other magazines floating around – ones that I’ve usually picked up at the check out at the grocery store. I came across a Canadian Living from the fall the other night and spent some time pulling out a few recipes, but it’s gone now.

3. What area(s) are on your list for next week?
This week I’m trying to finish up the desk area in our bedroom…so far it’s taken much less time than I thought it would…and that’s a good thing! Embarrassing pictures to come...

4. For fun…do you do your laundry folding standing up at a table or sitting down?
I fold laundry either sitting in the living room (on the couch or the floor depending on how much there is) or standing beside the bed. I like Sarah’s squat idea though!

Oh 52 week challenge, you are so wonderful and you don't know how much you've changed our house! Thank you Laura!

No comments:

Post a Comment