Tuesday, October 05, 2010

36.4 Try 50 new recipes - Stir Fry

On Thursday, I left my camera at work. So, you'll have to excuse the horrible pictures here.

So, I've made stir fry before (hello, I was once a poor student...) - this recipe is more about the sauce than the actual stir fry.

And the photo quality is so horrible, I now don't actually have the recipe...so I'll have to go search it out the next time I'm at the grocery store.

ANYWAY.

These veggies were on super cheap a while ago and I grabbed a bag just too have on hand (and try out) some night when we were in a hurry. We buy their fruit whenever it's on sale, so I figured their veggies would be good too.

zen garden
This is the Zen Garden mix - it has yellow and orange carrots, snap peas, water chestnuts, red peppers, baby corn and bean sprouts. I added the sauce on the back and I sliced up a couple of frozen chicken breasts.

slimy noodles
I served it on udon noodles - the whole thing appeared very glutinous, but it tasted really good. J loved the baby corn and the noddles and the chicken. She ate most of the portion I put in her lunch the next day too (this is an achievement! Lately she's been rejecting leftovers in favour of sandwiches. I'm okay with that, I just need to stock up on sandwich fillings).

I will be buying more of these and stashing them in the freezer. I think it took a whole 15 - 20 minutes to make this whole meal. If I mixed up the sauce in advance, it would take even less time. And 15 - 20 minutes is awesome on nights like we've been having where I have to get J home from daycare, fed, bathed and into bed on my own because Alex is working.

I briefly considered buying and chopping my own veggies to freeze, but when I saw that these bags are 2/$4 at our local grocery store this week, I figure I can't go wrong buying them frozen. And I can always augment them with fresh veggies (like green beans or broccoli or bok choy or whatever) if we need to mix it up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment