Friday, October 15, 2010

The Kitchen Book - Section Six

Oh those dreaded pieces of paper that litter my house, my desk, my purse, and my pockets. This section of the book has helped somewhat...

the book - section six
I have changed things slightly since I created the pages I'm working off right now - if you check out Section Three you'll see that I've also included the grocery budget below there...I'd put it wherever it works for you. I moved ours to where our menus are, but I might be moving it back...I haven't decided.

As we collect receipts, we put them in the page protector. The idea was that as I paid off the bills, I'd attach the receipts to them. Yeah right. I'm getting there though. Alex goes through and shreds the bills we don't need to keep (groceries, other consumables) about once a month. So far he's just left the ones we might need for a return or something in the sleeve.

This is one part of the system we need to get more on top of...but at least there are very few stray receipts now...for the most part they're safely stowed in these pockets!

Anyone have a good receipt solution they'd like to share???

the book - grocery budgetAll the rest of the pieces in this section are just labeled page protectors

No comments:

Post a Comment