Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bread...lots of bread...

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

We went on a little family holiday for the long weekend. We met my parents and sister and stayed at some holiday cottages on Vancouver Island close to where my grandmother lives.

We had a great time, some scary moments, but all-in-all a good weekend. We had booked Friday and Tuesday off work, so we got a much needed, extra-long weekend.

Except, well, we all felt sluggish…not all weekend, just on and off.

And my dad and I, we think we figured it out at lunch yesterday. It was all the bread. ALL the bread. We don’t eat a lot of bread at our house. I’m not a huge sandwich fan and I wasn’t brought up in a house where bread was always served with dinner. We eat oatmeal for breakfast and if we need something more, it’s usually fruit, not toast. Bread happens on special occasions (or with specific meals) like family dinner night or brunch or something.

But while we were away, we ate a lot of bread. We had scones for breakfast almost every morning. We had soup with bread for lunch. We had lasagne with bread for dinner. We had bread before our turkey dinner came. Bread…lots of bread…today, I feel a bit better. I ended up with a bagel for lunch as there was not really any food in our house this morning, but we’re having salmon with rice and veggies for dinner, so hopefully, the sluggish feeling will go away. And if it doesn’t, well, the crazy diet starts on Friday and that means for two weeks at least there will be NO bread. (Well, maybe…I planned so well, that I didn’t plan well enough…more about that later)

Anyone else find that bread slows them down??

No comments:

Post a Comment