Friday, October 15, 2010

Here goes nothing...

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

The crazy diet started today.

I planned for it. I kept it away from Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I made sure our house and the people in it were ready.

I treated myself to a vanilla latte on the way to work yesterday and savoured it, knowing it was my last for a while.

I bought lots of veggies and fruit that work with the diet.

I have been planning meals in my head for days.

I forgot to look at the calendar to see what else was happening.

Specifically:
  • a work lunch where there is very little choice in food
  • an all weekend Guide meeting with more choice, but still difficult as I’m only looking after meal preparation for one meal
  • another work lunch where there is very little choice (and no option to brown bag)
  • a baby shower that I’m hosting (more food choice, but really, why do I do it to myself?!?!?!)
  • Hallowe’en (oh wait, no, that factored into my plan…)

The hardest part is that the first three things are on days 1, 2, 3 and 5 of the diet. The hardest days anyway. But I’ll be okay. The people at my Guide meeting are used to the crazy diet and no one seems too upset when I bring my own food. And the baby shower, well, it is just after the initial two week tough period, so while I’m still restricted on what I can eat, I’ll have many more choices than if it was tomorrow.

Nothing like making a tough challenge more challenging. But the results will be worth it. Getting rid of the fatigue makes everything else go so much better as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment