Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Kitchen Book - Section One

So, Section One is one of the most used parts of our book. We use it for our sitters and we use it ourselves - all the time.

the book - section oneThere's all kinds of good stuff in this section and you could add or delete as needed for your family.
the book - telephone numbersThis list is super useful - In this age of phone with address books, we don't have to memorize phone numbers anymore. I know my parents' numbers, my grandma's numbers and my sisters' cell phone numbers, but that's about it. I have no idea what Alex's family's numbers are. When we have a sitter, we have to leave numbers. This is perfect. It's all there and clearly laid out. As we start to have a sitter (who is not related to J) a little more often, I think I might add a specific babysitter's phone list page that includes the numbers of a couple of neighbours and maybe, because it's in a page protector, a place where I can write where we will be with a dry erase marker. This is also not as important as it was when I was babysitting because I pretty much always have my phone with me, so even if the restaurant number isn't there, I can be reached (I still think it's a good idea for the sitter to know where I am though...no secrets)
the book - strata informationStrata information is very important. Since I made our book we have gone from having a management company to being self managed, so this has changed a bit. This page could also be adapted to use if you rent and need your landlord's information handy instead. Or if you own a home, this could be where you list the trades you use regularly.
the book - medical informationMore important babysitter information - and emergency information for us because sometimes, our brains fail in an emergency. I said to Alex, if something happens and we need an ambulance or there's a fire, this is probably one of the things we should grab and take with us. It has all of our important information and contact numbers in it.

I store this in page protector which also holds immunization records and hospital cards (for quicker Emergency Room service).
the book - monthly calendarI keep a year's worth of these pages and we write on them as we go. The blank box at the bottom can be useful for all kinds of stuff. I keep a page protector facing months that have "stuff" to go with things on calendar - e-tickets for ferry reservations or the plane, reservations confirmations for hotels, wedding or birthday invitations etc.
the book - next year's plannerThis is what we use to pre-plan. My plan is to sit down and enter everything into the 2011 version of the monthly calendar at the end of December and print it. Some things are finding permanent homes on the pre-plan list - things like birthdays and anniversaries and other things that happen every year on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment