Wednesday, October 27, 2010

36.7 Try 50 new recipes - Turkey Meatball Soup

So, I don't just cook Martha Stewart recipes! I probably have 25 or 30 cookbooks. This one came from a Canadian Living Magazine and it's on the internets! I had a few problems reading the recipe though and I forgot to buy green onions and red pepper. I substituted some sweet white onion from the family garden and some extra carrot and celery.

mirepoix
And I ended up with a mirepoix without really meaning too...

I made the meatballs the night before so that all I really had to do was assemble the soup when I got home from work. I had planned to do the chopping the night before too, but it was too late...if I had, I would have noticed the missing ingredients...maybe...

chicken meatballs
I couldn't get turkey or veal, so I settled for ground chicken. Only problem was my meatballs were more like meat splats. I think maybe they could have done with a half cup of bread crumbs or something...I don't know!

turkey meatball soup
But it was soooooooo good! J loved the meatballs. The noodles were awesome, but they really soaked up the liquid and the leftovers was more like soggy (but really yummy) chow mein with meatballs. And the green onions, they'd totally make the soup so much better...

This soup is now in our regular meal rotation. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment