Monday, October 18, 2010

Soup for breakfast?

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

So besides the challenges I’m facing this week with meetings and food, the biggest challenge I’ve had since the beginning of the crazy diet is what to eat for breakfast.

Our mornings are timed down to the second, well, not quite, but almost – we have about a ten minute cushion. I’m not getting up earlier than I already do to make a special breakfast for me because then I’d have to go to bed earlier and once J is asleep, I’m lucky if I have two hours to get everything done in the evenings before I have to head to bed too…

Do my dilemma was big…weekends are easy – I could have scrambled eggs, an omelette or somethings like that – but I just don’t have time on weekdays. We usually have oatmeal, but I make it with milk so that both J and I get enough calcium. J won’t eat oatmeal with water anymore – it doesn’t matter how much dried fruit and cinnamon I add, she wants her milk. So she can have it. But I still need to eat.

I mentioned that I had control of one meal at our meeting…I got up early on Saturday morning and made carrot and lentil soup. And I was starving. So I had some for breakfast. It was good.

I’ve decided that soup for breakfast is a good choice. This one is warm and creamy and yummy and it kept me full longer than a bowl of stick-to-your-ribs oatmeal. And it didn’t take any extra time. I can make the soup a few days in advance and just heat it up in the morning. So, problem solved, although I’ll probably go back to oatmeal next week when I can have milk again because it’s a pain making two breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment