Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why, oh why, am I more tired now?

This post was originally published at Get Fit Chicks. It may refer to posts on Get Fit Chicks that no longer exist. Please email me if you run into any of those and I will break the links. More information about the reposting is available here

The crazy diet started on Friday. I’ve been pretty good, considering some of the challenges I’ve had with meals where I had no control over what there was to eat…the best was lunch yesterday – a deli buffet – cold cuts, cheese, buns, cheese, pickles, more cheese, crackers, and huge chocolate squares. Oh, and tiny little fruit platter – not really enough for the number of people at lunch. And there was a tray of rabbit food – sprouts, tomatoes, tiny little slices of peppers – to go with the buns. But no salad.

So, I had to eat what was there. I avoided the chocolate and had fruit instead, but the rest of it…it was a four hour meeting over lunch, there was no way to avoid it (and bringing my own was not an option)…thankfully these meetings only happen every six weeks or so and tend to have different menus every time, so I shouldn’t run into this problem again….

But today I am so tired. I’d love it if they put a nap room in our building somewhere!

I know it’s not just because of what I ate yesterday, but I also know that yesterday didn’t help. I balanced it out with a yummy dinner of salmon, veggies, and brown rice, so hopefully I’ll get a little energy kick later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment