Monday, October 25, 2010

Go Rockets Giants Go

We did do some fun stuff this weekend, not just boring, old fall cleaning.

On Saturday we went to a Welcome to the World party. J thought it was great. She "held" the new baby for a few minutes and then had a blast eating chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing and drawing with the new baby's big sister using the fancy new crayon she got as a big sister gift.

But the big event was Saturday night. J had no idea we had a surprise planned for her. On Friday night she had a blast cheering for the Canucks on TV and kept saying "I go hockey. I say Go Rockets Go!" (She's been to lots of games, starting when she was about four months old) I asked her if she's been to a game and she said she had, with her mommy, daddy, Auntie Rebar and Oncle Jado. We were surprised she remembered the Paralympics and not Easter with my mom and dad, but she did know that my dad taught her how to say "Go Rockets Go!"

She got her puppy out and got us to zip him into her rain coat so he wouldn't get wet on the way to the game.

ready to go with puppy
She was pretty excited when we got there - she started looking for the blimp and it's been, oh, six months since she's been to a game.

so excited
Obviously she's her father's daughter...sportscaster in the making?

note taking
Hmmmm....what to write...not sure that was the right move...

hmmmm
We had a great time! She stayed awake (and happy) through the whole game and conked out in the car. She ended up sleeping in her clothes.

She slept in until 8:30 on Sunday morning which gave me 15 minutes to read my book. When I went in to get her up, I asked her what she did the night before.

"I go hockey. I sleep my clothes." So it obviously made an impression!

Oh, and by the end of the night she was saying "Go Giants Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment