Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A blog worth reading

Every once in a while, you stumble across a blog that make you go, wow, this is something we should all be reading.

My former Pathfinder leader Pam posted this link to Single Dad Laughing on Facebook today. I only read two other posts besides the one on bullying - one called You just broke your child. Congratulations. and another called The disease called "Perfection". And then I had to stop reading.

Because I need to get some work done today.

I have no idea who this guy is or why he started blogging or anything. But I've bookmarked him and I'm looking forward to one day having time to do some browsing through his archives.

What got me about all three posts was that they seemed to speak to pretty much everyone. Who hasn't beaten themselves up at one time or another for not being perfect at something. I saw myself in a couple of the things he listed. Who hasn't witnessed parents in dire need of a dose of patience, a parenting course or a reality check? And bullying. We all know it exists and I think you probably live in a vacuum if you think it hasn't ever affected you - as the bully, the bullied, someone who intervened or was confided in about the bullying, or someone who stood by and watched. Bullying is a tough subject - especially around the last one - standing by and watching. Because sometimes you don't realize that's what you did until after when the light bulb goes off in your head and you think, hey, person A was bullying person B....maybe you were preoccupied, maybe it was disguised bullying, who knows, it happens.

Anyway, jumping of my soapbox, go visit Dan - I'm curious to see what other life lessons he's created thoughtful posts about...

No comments:

Post a Comment