Thursday, March 17, 2011

Potato Stamps

I know, I know, this is well over a month late. But I'm so thrilled with how it worked.

We decided that J would take Valentines for the kids in her daycare group, but I wanted to do something fun and homemade...so I talked to Rebar who works at the art store up the hill and we decided that potato stamps with red paper and white paint were perfect for a two and a half year old. Nothing too elaborate!

I pulled out a cookie cutter to make our stamps and that was the best thing I could have done!

making a stamp
The edges were so crisp and clean and perfect.

leftovers
See the choppy, uneven, not perfect inside of the one on the left? Not that it mattered...J preferred painting with the stamps over stamping with them.

two stamps
It was a project that required a lot of concentration...and a lot of wiping up smears from potatoes that fell on the floor!

stamping
They turned out fairly well...we did run out of red paper, but I had some pink and that worked just fine. And the white paint was the way to go...it cleaned up really well and didn't leave pink marks like red would have!

selection of cards
We only made just over 20 cards...I can't imagine what it will be like when she has a big class (we made 18 for her class - 12 kids, 6 adults plus a few extras for some aunties and grandparents and Daddy)

cards
All done...what next?

i love valentines day
J got some Valentine's chocolate...she loved it. She thinks Valentine's Day is the best - she got to make a bit of a mess with the paints and have chocolate. What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment