Friday, March 04, 2011

Week 7: Purge Until It Fits

My closet needs help. So does my dresser. I've been holding on to clothes for a while - I'm going to fit back into them. But reading this was good for me. I realized that of those things I'm holding on to, I can think of maybe three or four pieces that I will still wear once I get back down to my ideal weight. The rest are out of date or too young for me now. So, I need to go through my clothes and do some real soul searching about why I'm keeping stuff. There is one pile that I won't touch though - the maternity stuff. I don't want to buy much new stuff if we decide to have another baby because it seems ridiculous to buy a whole new wardrobe for just a few months.

Photobucket

Week seven questions:

1. Let’s talk stuff! What have you tossed out this week?
Not much...but I might have a big list by the end of the weekend!

2. Have you ever regretted something you’ve gotten rid of? Why?

Nope. When I finally let go of stuff it's done. I'm getting better at looking at things and saying, I don't like this. And just getting rid of it. I used to be horrible. Especially if it was something someone gave me. Even if I didn't like it, I had a hard time getting rid of it.

I don't think I've regretted it ever because for the most part it's just stuff. As I get older I realize that there are only a few things that I would be really sad about if they went missing or were accidentally tossed. And they're irreplaceable and have no value - things like photographs, which I'm slowly working on getting on two hard drives, one of which lives far away from our house. This is not an easy task when you don't have functioning computer. MUST get the computer fixed!

3. How tempted are you to rush out and pick up pretty organizing containers first?
Containers are pretty but our place is small enough and crowded enough that there is no point in bringing in more stuff to trip over!

No comments:

Post a Comment