Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 10: Tips for Cluttered Surfaces

I was oh so happy to see this post! Surfaces in our house are open invitations for junk to establish residence. The tips in this post will be put to use, starting tonight!

Photobucket


I'm finally on track with weeks (I got caught up last weekend) and it feels good. I have a couple of posts to go up tonight...I just need to do the pictures for them.

Week ten questions:

1. What are your hot spot landing zones?
The kitchen counter. The baker's rack. Our desk. Pretty much anything that's flat that you don't walk on. If it's flat and you sit on it, it's game.

2. Think about ways you can tackle these flat surface areas to manage the stuff that continues to pile there.
I know what I need to do - I need to purge and find everything else a home. And then train myself to put things back when I'm done with them. It seems a little silly that my 2.5 year old daughter has a better grasp on "a place for everything and everything in it's place" than I do. I know I can do it. I lived in the Hobbit Hole. It had half a closet. That's it. When I stood in the kitchen, I could wash dishes, cook, and open the fridge just by turning on the spot. I have at least twice the square footage now and my kitchen is about six times the size...

3. What are you most proud of so far in your 52 weeks journey?
That I'm actually doing things I've been talking about doing for ages. There's a whole post coming about something that I finally did this week that I've been talking about for 2.5 years....

No comments:

Post a Comment